Here are the ingredients for the perfect, simple fall salad:
- A few handfuls of your favorite spring mix
- Balsamic roasted beats & brussels sprouts
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil (I do it twice to avoid unnecessary clean up) and fill with washed and quartered brussels (the smaller they are the quicker they become tender and the less likely they are to hold on to their bitterness) and wash, peel and thinly slice beets. Toss in olive oil and roast at 425 degrees for 20 minutes. At the 20 minute mark, toss around the veggies to ensure even roasting and douse in balsamic vinegar. Roast for another 10-15 minutes until tender. You'll know they're done when the balsamic has caramelized.
- Leftover chicken (really, any decent chicken recipe would do)
- Olive oil + balsamic vinegar
- Sliced brie
Mix all the ingredients together, toss and garnish with fresh cracked salt + pepper. Enjoy!